On the night of October 30, a Japanese publisher published a financial report for the second quarter of the fiscal year. We have chosen the main thing.
- The revenue of the gaming division amounted to 4.23 billion dollars – 17% less than the same period last year.
- 47% of this amount brought digital sales, 23% – sales of hardware, 14% – services (PS Plus, PS Now). Physical sales accounted for only 11% of total revenue, and 5% brought “others” (this includes VR).
- Sony sold 2.8 million PS4 consoles in the second quarter. This is slightly less than the same period last year – 3.9 million.
- In total, 102.8 million PS4 consoles were sold worldwide – this is the second result during the existence of the industry. PS2 still holds first place – 155 million units.
- In 2019, the publisher plans to sell 110.3 million PS4 consoles.
- The total number of PS Plus subscribers amounted to 36.9 million people – 5.6 million more than last year.
- During the quarter, 61.3 million copies of games were sold, which is 13.8 million worse than the same period last year.