According to the report of the analytical firm NPD Group, July in the USA was marked by Nintendo – six games in the top 10 sales in the region for the month turned out to be games coming out on Switch and Wii U.
In total, $ 762 million was spent on games in the United States in July, which is on par with the result a year earlier. But device sales during this time fell by 22% to $ 169 million – this trend has been observed for some time and is associated with the decline of the generation of PS4 and Xbox One.
According to the results of July, Mortal Kombat 11 remains the best-selling game of 2019 in the USA, however, within the month itself, it took only 8th place in the top 10. In the first place is Madden NFL 20 (excluding digital copies on a PC), and in second – Fire Emblem: Three Houses (excluding digital copies). The three was closed by Super Mario Maker 2 (also excluding digital copies).
Top 20 US Sales for July
The * sign indicates games whose sales did not include digital copies, but ^ those that did not include digital copies on a PC.
- Madden NFL 20 ^
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses *
- Super Mario Maker 2 *
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order *
- Grand theft auto v
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate *
- Mortal kombat 11
- Mario Kart 8 *
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild *
- Marvel’s spider-man
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
- Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII ^
- Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
- Red dead redemption ii
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 ^
- MLB: The Show
- New Super Mario Bros. U deluxe
- NBA 2K19
- Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey