Shares of the company began to grow after an unexpectedly positive report.
- For the second quarter of 2019, Apple’s revenue amounted to 53.8 billion dollars – 1% higher than a year earlier. This is an absolute record for the second quarter, although the growth was minimal.
- On the iPhone, for the first time in many years, less than half of the total revenue was $ 25.99 billion against 29.47 billion a year earlier.
- IPad revenue rose from $ 4.684 billion to $ 5.023 billion.
- Analysts assumed that the iPhone will bring more, but underestimated the total revenue, so that the company’s shares began to grow.
- The company is preparing for a new reality, where people update their smartphones less frequently, so it makes a big bet on services – in the fall it launches the Apple TV + online cinema and the Apple Arcade subscription gaming service. For the second quarter, services accounted for 19% of revenues ($ 11.46 billion) of the once almost purely “iron” company.
- Apple expects next-quarter revenue from $ 61 billion to $ 64 billion. In September, the company is expected to introduce three new iPhone models with improved cameras and, possibly, a 16-inch MacBook Pro. As for the iPad and Apple Watch, it seems that these products are waiting for minimal updates.