And the first streams.
July 11, Infinity Ward first showed the public the gameplay of restarting Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – the developers presented a multiplayer mode called “Gunfight”. We collected about him the main thing and chose the most interesting of the impressions of the press.
What is the mode
- “Fire Contact” – a series of short battles “two by two” on small maps.
- All players get the same type of weapon, randomly selected from the arsenal (from a pistol to a heavy machine gun).
- The fighters have 40 seconds to find and eliminate opponents.
- If during this time no one is killed, a flag appears in the center of the map – a team that seizes and holds it for three seconds, gets a point.
- Victory in the match is awarded to a team that previously scored six points.
- Class systems are not in the mode, as is the choice of weapons – each is in the same conditions.
- Health is also not restored – all that the rounds are not delayed.
- At the moment, the developers have confirmed three cards for the “Fire Contact”: King (in stock), Pine (in the forest) and Stack (in the cargo container dump in the middle of the desert).
Impressions of the press
Most journalists liked Fire Contact – some even called it “the best regime in the series in many years.”
Many noted that in two-for-two quick matches there are no unnecessary complications. The outcome of the game depends only on the participants themselves, fighting on equal terms.
Tiny cards and teams of two players – the guarantee that you are always in a couple of seconds from winning or losing.
Even if you lose an ally at the beginning of the round, opponents never have such a serious advantage, such as in a five-to-five match in Rainbow Six Siege.
You can get out of any difficult situation, and the tightness and random selection of weapons constantly generate “the best moments of the match.”Jordan ForwardPCGamesN Browser
Journalist PC Gamer noticed that due to the highest pace of the game “overtime” is almost not needed. Situations when 40 seconds after the start are still alive, occur extremely rarely.
In the matches where I happened to play, the flags never appeared – all because we killed each other very, very quickly.
We were playing King on the map – and it’s incredibly small. Yes, there is a shelter in the center, and there are corridors on each side, but it is still tiny. It’s like a scuffle in a closet.
To notice the other team is not difficult. At the beginning of the round I jumped up to take a look behind the partition, and saw them about six meters away. So I find it hard to imagine how in 40 seconds you can not kill anyone. Unless both teams will take cover and will not move.Christopher LivingstonPC Gamer Browser
The lack of pumping, many also identified as a big plus “fire contact”. According to observers, in the conditions in which they put the players, the basic mechanics of the game become obvious – and they still work fine.
This mode is a good reminder of why Call of Duty multiplayer does not lose popularity over the years. Remove the “killstreaks”, perks and pumping weapons – and there will be an excellent gunplay and clever design of cards, forcing them to work together.Phil HornshawGamespot Browser
The premiere of gameplay Infinity Ward held with streamers – players for more than an hour showed “fire contact” in action.
LEGIQNWatch WORLD PREMIERE COD MW GUNFIGHT STREAM! (Full MP UNIVERSE Reveal on 8/1) #COD_Partner from LEGIQN on www.twitch.tv
CouRageJDWatch COD MW GUNFIGHT STREAM! Full MP universe reveal on 8/1! #COD_Partner from CouRageJD on www.twitch.tv
TeeeeeWatch COD MW GUNFIGHT MODE REVEAL (FULL MP UNIVERSE REVEAL ON 8/1) #COD_PARTNER from TeePee on www.twitch.tv
SyndicateWatch Modern Warfare 2v2 Gunfight Reveal & Full MP Universe Reveal (August 1st)! #COD_Partner from Syndicate on www.twitch.tv
The next gameplay show Modern Warfare will be held August 1 at 20:00 Moscow time – the developers will present the standard multiplayer coming Call of Duty.