CD Projekt RED employees answered questions from fans in the format of short videos.
Level Designer Mile Toast and lead quest designer Pavel Sasko from CD Projekt RED conducted a question and answer session at Tumblr. They told about gangs and factions, augmentations, quests, mini-games and other nuances of Cyberpunk 2077.
- The developers did not name the exact number of gangs, but noted that there are many of them. There are several large and small gangs, as well as three gangs that have already appeared in the game trailers: Voodoo Boys, Maelstrom and Animals.
- When asked if a player would be able to join any factions and gangs that would affect his reputation, Miles Toast replied that the essence of Cyberpunk 2077 was in search of his way, in the fight against the system, and that the player was his own master.
- When asked if the developers would make the players cry, quest designer Pavel Sasko replied that he sincerely hoped for it. Level-designer also noted that this is the difference between his work and the work of Sasko. If he had said the same thing about his levels, it would be “terrible.”
- The game can be described with the words make your own (“make your own”).
- Some tasks and activities in the game will be available in certain places and only at certain times. Therefore, in Cyberpunk 2077 there will be waiting mechanics so that the player does not have to while away the time himself. The dream is or usual expectation, the developers did not explain.
- Despite the fact that almost the whole body modifications will be available in the game, gamers will not be able to change the appearance as much as the Maelstrom gang members, whose augmentations can be called “hardcore”, do.
- The game will be available not only combat augmentations, such as blades mounted in the wrists, but also ordinary everyday implants. As an example, the developers cited the eyes of Kiroshi Optics, in which the translator is embedded.
- Cyberpunk 2077 is still the first RPG. Developers focus on history and a wide range of options for the player. Miles Toast recalled that this is why the Cyberpunk 2077 was made in the first person – this kind of gamers will help players to immerse themselves in events.
- The game already has sniper rifles. Also, the developers recalled the three main types of weapons: technical, which causes great damage; clever, which can itself be induced on the target; and power shots from which you can additionally charge.
- The game will have a few basic endings, which, in turn, will have their variations. The plot and development will affect the origin of the hero. Depending on who he was before appearing in Night City, a player will have a different set of equipment available at the start. The protagonist will meet characters, the approach to which will depend on its origin.
- Players will not be able to understand what specific decisions affect the world of Cyberpunk 2077. The consequences of this or that choice may appear after a very long time. By the end of the game, the state of the surrounding world and the protagonist of two gamers can vary greatly. To reach the same final, players will have to make absolutely the same decisions and use the same equipment.
- The game has quite a lot of subcultures. The developers noted that there are also quite a few of them in this California, and Night City is located in the California of the future.
- To the question about the mini-games, Mile Toast gave an example with the game about hacking. It is not so much about success or failure, but about how well V copes with burglary. Successful hacking opens access to additional rewards and allows you to better control the hacked network.
- It is known that in the Night City will be auto racing, boxing fights and shooting at targets.
In conclusion, the developers said that gamers will be able to control the Flathead robot. It can be pumped and open new abilities. In some tasks, using a robot will allow you to get results that are unattainable for other classes
Previously, the journalists shared the details of the Cyberpunk 2077 demonstrated at the E3 2019 demo.