From now on, only large extensions will be sold.
On June 6, Bungie made a stream about a new addition called Shadowkeep and the future of the game. Leaks , which appeared on the network several hours before, were confirmed.
- According to the free-to-play model, they will distribute only the basic version of the game with the first year’s content, which will be called Destiny 2: New Light. It is intended for beginners, and especially for her, the developers moved the prologue from the first part to the sequel – the Ghost finds the protagonist in it, after which they are sent to the Last City.
- You only need to pay for large extensions such as Shadowkeep.
- To play Shadowkeep you do not need to buy content for the second year. If you only have New Light, but not, for example, Forsaken – do not worry.
- Bungie shooter will be shareware on September 17, along with the release of the upcoming DLC.
- Cross-platform backups will be available between Xbox One, PC and PS4.
- There will no longer be any exclusive content for any particular platform – equipment, weapons and missions.
- Destiny 2 will be available at Stadia in November – with the launch of the service itself.
- The PC version of the game will “move” to Steam, all your progress can be transferred from Battle.Net for free.
- Cross-save should not have appeared on the PS4, but just a day before the announcement, Sony agreed to them.
The action of the addition will unfold on the Moon – Eris Morne will call us there, about which nothing has been heard since the first part. According to the developers, the Moon in Destiny 2 will be twice as large as in the first part.
Bungie says they enjoyed working with the ever-evolving game world (like the City of Dreams from the Rejected add-on), so they will continue to develop the game in this direction. In the trailer you can see the bosses from the first Destiny – apparently, Darkness somehow revived them, and at the same time “infected” the Moon.
The game already has a pre-order page on Steam: 619 rubles are asked for the regular version of Shadowkeep, 1085 rubles for deluxe. Both versions also include Destiny 2 itself, all additions from the first year.
The name of the major addition, its release date, and information about the introduction of cross-platform data began to merge datamineers into the network several days before the official announcement.
Leak: Shadowkeep addition for Destiny 2 will be released on September 17 – no previous DLC will be required
The rejection of Battle.Net is due to the breakdown of cooperation between Bungie and Activision, which was announced in January. The developers have retained the rights to the franchise, but will continue to develop the game through other services.