Much of this fits with information from other sources.
On May 19, a user under the nickname Braldryr published a large post on the NeoGAF forum in which he introduced himself as a person familiar with many representatives of the industry. As proof, he provided badges from visits to private presentations in recent years.
Braldryr divided his post into several sections: what exactly will happen, what has a high chance of happening, a small chance and rumors.
What exactly, according to Braldryr, will be at the Microsoft conference
- The presentation of the Halo Infinite with the trailer – the game was planned for the end of 2020, and it will be a cross-gene title.
- Gears 5 gameplay and leak confirmation of the September release.
- Gears Tactics show and release information at the end of 2019.
- The final trailer for the Orient and the Wisps of the Wisps and release information later in 2019.
- Announcement of Bleeding Edge – the next Ninja Theory game in the sci-fi setting for 2020. Judging by the conflicting information from different sources, it will somehow be online.
- The Outer Worlds trailer with a release date.
- Cyberpunk trailer 2077 with an estimated release date.
- Age of Empires IV gameplay and release information for 2020.
- The short teaser of Fable from Playground Games is not the fourth part, but a kind of restart of the franchise, whose release should not be expected before 2021.
- Information about new content for Sea of Thieves.
- Gameplay trailer Battletoads with an estimated release date.
- More details of the Project xCloud service, while the next generation is announced in the Scorpio style – without looking at the consoles themselves, but with details of the technical specifications.
- The conference will be full of announcements from third-party studios, including a high chance of the appearance of many Japanese developers.
High probability of occurrence
- The announcement of the mecha-game is potentially in the MechAssault setting.
- Announcement of the next Forza Motorsport.
- The announcement of the next major game Capcom, and Braldryr noted that it is unlikely to be Resident Evil 8 – according to his information, the third part will be released earlier.
Low probability of occurrence
- The new IP from Rare – according to the source Braldryr, the game will appeal to those who appreciated the Sea of Thieves, but given the fact that the latter is still developing, it is unlikely the studio will show something new now.
- Restarting Perfect Dark with a third-person view, the development of which is monitored by Rare, although the studio itself is not engaged in the project. Braldryr claims that the game will not be shown this year, but in the next one there is a chance of that.
Finally, Braldryr named the names of the studios that Microsoft at least contacted in order to discuss a potential purchase deal. They are authors Hitman from IO Interactive, Relic Entertainment and Asobo, who released A Plague Tale: Innocence on May 14th.
At the same time, Braldryr said that Microsoft did not and does not conduct negotiations with Creative Assembly or Projekt RED CD.
A possible insider also shared a rumor that Microsoft could buy Bluepoint Studio, remastered by Shadow of the Colossus. Rumors that Microsoft plans to acquire a studio that has worked closely with Sony have been around for a while, and according to Braldryr, Bluepoint, with its experience in the “restoration” of the classics, is perfect for her.
One possible option may also be 4A Games, known from the Metro series, but this is nothing more than speculation.
It is difficult to say whether this information is reliable, but Brad Sams, an insider known for leaks about Microsoft products, confirmed that he had really heard about the development of a new Fable, and its announcement at E3 2019 is likely.
A large number of announcements at the Microsoft conference from at least third-party developers will be natural, since in 2019 Sony will not be at the exhibition for the first time.