Apparently, until 2021 the game should not wait.
Square Enix spoke about the results of the fiscal year ended March 31, 2019. At the same time, the publisher did not disclose the exact number of shipments or sales of their latest titles.
- Net sales amounted to $ 2.4 billion, rising by 8.2% compared with last year, but operating profit fell to $ 223 million – by 35.7%.
- The decline in operating profit Square Enix explained the costs of releasing new titles, and the increase in net sales by the release of games such as Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 4 and Kingdom Hearts III.
- Total sales of the Tomb Raider series reached 74 million copies, of which 7 million were in the last quarter of the fiscal year that ended. This includes not only sales of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which quickly received discounts, but also other parts of the series.
- Square Enix predicts that in the new fiscal year, net sales and operating income will be almost identical to those of last year, and the number of copies sold of its games will decrease.
- The company uses the new fiscal year to “lay the foundation for the future,” and will also focus on building IP, which will ensure stable growth for Square Enix.
- There are no references to the Avengers game in the report, and it can be assumed that its release in late 2020 or early 2021 – during this period, Square Enix targets one of the strongest jumps in net sales and operating profit in recent years.