Site PC Games Insider shared detailed information about the last reduction.
The editorial office of PC Games Insider has received a California Department of Labor document with accurate information on the number of employees abbreviated in the US division of Blizzard. Total jobs lost 209 workers.
- IT-industry Blizzard – 41 employees
- Marketing Unit in Irvine and Austin – 29 employees
- The quality control and work environment hotel in Irvine, Austin and Burbank – 29 employees
- HR department in Irvine and Austin – 18 employees
- Global Insights Division – 15 employees
- North America Publishing – 12 employees
- Quality Assurance in Irvine and New York – 11 employees
- Blizzard Latin America Publishing – 10 employees
- Web and mobile division – 9 employees
- Financial department in Irvine – 8 employees
- Team Battle.net – 5 employees
- Customer service – 2 employees
A complete list of units whose employees fell under the abbreviations can be found in PC Games Insider .
Activision Blizzard announced an 8 percent reduction in staff as part of its financial report released in mid-February. Then the management of the company emphasized that developers who are directly involved in the creation of games will not lose their places.