Are you holding onto a Visa gift card and thinking about transforming it into cold, hard cash? Well, you’re in the right place! We’re here to make this process as easy as pie. Buckle up for a fun and educational ride as we explore various ways to convert your Visa gift card into sweet, sweet moolah.
Table of Contents
- How to Convert Gift Cards for Cash
- How to Get Cash from a Gift Card
- How to Get Money Off Your Gift Card (Instead of Using It)
- How to Transfer Money from Gift Card to Bank Account
- How to Get Free Gift Cards
- Can You Get Money from Selling Your Gift Cards?
- Can You Take Money Off a Gift Card?
- Conclusion on How to Convert Gift Cards to Cash
How to Convert Gift Cards for Cash
Visa gift cards are like little treasures for savvy shoppers. They open doors to exciting discounts and offers at your favorite stores. Who doesn’t want to save a bit of cash while shopping, right?
These gift cards are usually doled out during promotions, enticing shoppers with incentives. But sometimes, you might wonder, can I turn this virtual money into actual cash? Well, here’s the good news – you can!
Gift cards don’t have to remain locked in as shopping credit. We’re about to explore the many avenues to convert your Visa gift card into liquid cash. But why would you want to do this in the first place? There are plenty of reasons.
For instance, gift cards, though great, can be a bit restrictive. You can’t stroll up to an ATM and withdraw cash with them. So, let’s dive into the fun part: discovering the best ways to transform your gift card into actual cash!
How to Get Cash from a Gift Card
Gift cards seem to pop up on every special occasion – birthdays, holidays, and more. They’re like the go-to gift when you’re not entirely sure what to give. But what happens when you don’t get the right one? Don’t worry; you can get cash instead. It’s perfectly legal and quite straightforward.
How to Get Money Off Your Gift Card (Instead of Using It)
Here’s the game plan:
- Check the Balance: First things first, you need to know how much money is left on your gift card.
- Gift Card Exchange Kiosk: Head over to a gift card exchange kiosk with your card. Follow the on-screen instructions, double-check everything, and hit that accept button. Take the receipt to the cashier, and voila, you’ve got cash in hand. It’s kind of like using a CoinStar machine.
- Other Options: If you’re not near a kiosk, there are alternatives. You can sell your gift card, buy a sought-after product with it, then sell that product. You can also use your gift card to purchase money orders, or trade it for something else. These methods offer various paths to cash conversion.
How to Transfer Money from Gift Card to Bank Account
- Use the Visa Gift Card to Pay Your Bills: This is a brilliant way to access cash-equivalent value. Services like Plastiq let you pay significant bills like your mortgage or car payment with your gift card.
- Sell the Gift Cards: The most common option is selling your Visa gift cards. There are websites like MyGiftCards+, Prepaid2Cash, Giftcard Zen, and Cardpool that buy gift cards for cash. You might get a slightly lower value, but it’s a decent deal.
- Buy Money Orders: Some stores, including Walmart, allow you to purchase money orders with your Visa gift cards. Deposit them into your bank account and use the cash as you please.
- Gift Card Exchange Kiosk: These are physical machines found in grocery stores where you can trade your gift card for another one or cash. Be prepared for a fee, though.
- Emergency Disposal Options: If all else fails, you have a couple of last-ditch options. You can send money through services like PayPal, though there’s a fee involved. Or explore mobile payment solutions, where you can pay yourself with your gift card for a fee. Be cautious with this one, as there might be tax implications.
- Give Out the Visa Gift Card as a Gift: When you’re in need of a present for a special occasion, consider gifting your Visa gift card. It’s just as good as cash, and it’s a convenient and flexible option.
- Jour Cards Store: This online payment and games e-shop offers a unique solution for exchanging Visa gift cards for cash. You’ll receive 80% of the card’s value, with the remainder covering the service. The process takes around 24 to 72 hours.
- Buying Products to Resell: This method allows you not only to get cash but also to make extra money. You can take advantage of great deals using your Visa gift card, buy products, and then resell them for a profit.
- Add the Gift Card to Your Venmo Wallet: Link your Visa gift card to your Venmo wallet and use the funds for online purchases or transfer them to your bank account for easy cash access.
- Try a Pawn Shop: Pawn shops are a quick fix when you need cash. They’ll evaluate your gift card and offer you a deal. While the value might not be the highest, it’s an instant solution.
- Sell Them at GiftCardBin: GiftCardBin is a retailer that buys gift cards, offering you around 70% of your gift card’s value. Find a partner store or locate one online.
How to Get Free Gift Cards
If you’re interested in acquiring Visa gift cards for free, consider these options:
- Opinion Output: Sign up through the provided link and get $10 for free.
- Swagbucks: Use the link to join and get $5 free.
- Drop App: Link your credit and debit accounts and earn $5 free with our link. It’s a breeze to get this free money!
Once you’ve got these gift cards, we’ve just shown you how to turn them into actual cash.
Can You Get Money from Selling Your Gift Cards?
Absolutely! You can start by offering your gift card to friends and family. If that doesn’t work, many websites like Prepaid2Cash or MyGiftCardPlus will gladly buy them. Always make sure the site is legitimate to avoid scams or losing your gift card.
And don’t forget to check the card’s expiration date before selling it. You wouldn’t want to sell a card that’s no longer valid, so list it a few weeks before it expires.
Can You Take Money Off a Gift Card?
Not exactly, as you can’t stroll up to an ATM with a gift card and withdraw cash directly. Gift cards have their limitations, but we’ve shown you numerous ways to convert their value into cash. The best method is usually to sell the card for a slight discount.
Conclusion on How to Convert Gift Cards to Cash
In the end, you might have a Visa gift card, and the last thing you want to do is go shopping with it. Instead, you want it to turn into real cash for other expenses. We hope this guide has provided you with various methods to achieve just that.
Feel free to share your thoughts or reach out if you have any questions. We’re here to help! 💵💳